Duncan is an Associate in the Commerce & Technology department having completed his two year training contract with Fox Williams in September 2012.
Duncan has been involved in helping clients to get their products on the market through entering into agency and distributor agreements or licensing their brand to a business partner in a certain territory. Duncan has also advised clients on their obligations during the term of such arrangements and on termination.
Examples of work which Duncan has carried out recently in this field include:
- Negotiating a distribution agreement with a Dutch fashion brand on behalf of one of their most high profile distributors in Europe.
- Advising a Chilean wine producer and importer on its distribution arrangements in the UK, which involved drafting and negotiating a distribution agreement with a new distributor.
- Advising a footwear brand on the effects of the termination of an agency agreement, including the calculation of indemnity payments due to the agent.
- Advising a footwear brand on the obligations of both parties to a licence agreement in relation to the development and manufacture of new products.
- Drafting agency agreements on behalf of a British streetwear brand with German and Spanish agents.
Duncan has written a number of practical articles on a broad range of legal issues which have appeared in a number of publications including the Financial Times, Fresh Business Thinking and Reuters.
Duncan graduated from Exeter University with a 2.1 in BSc Geography before studying the GDL (commendation) and LPC (distinction) at BPP Law School in London.