Rebecca joined Fox Williams as a trainee solicitor in September 2010 and qualified into the dispute resolution team as an associate in September 2012. She was promoted to senior associate in May 2018.
Rebecca has extensive experience of acting for principals, agents, suppliers and distributors in relation to contentious matters. Examples of the work which Rebecca has carried out include:
- Resisting an application to stay court proceedings in favour of arbitration, and defending an application for urgent interim relief for delivery up of stock held by the UK and Ireland distributor of a well-known wearable/mountable technology brand;
- Advising a lingerie brand on the termination of its agent in the territories of Germany and Austria, including advising as to the agent’s repudiatory breaches of contract and issuing a protective claim seeking a declaration that no sums were due to the agent pursuant to the Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993 or otherwise;
- Bringing a claim on behalf of a large UK fashion agency against a major US denim brand for seven-figure compensation due under the Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993, which ultimately settled after a one-day mediation;
- Obtaining judgment in default with damages to be assessed against a well-known luxury lifestyle brand (encompassing swimwear, destination wear and active wear) for commission and other payments due under the Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993 and subsequently applying for (and obtaining): (i) an interim payment on account of damages, debt and other sums due to the agent; and (ii) summary judgment in respect of sums which had crystallised; and
- Advising a supplier of innovative health and medical products on jurisdictional issues arising out of its agreements with its distributor in France, Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg.
Rebecca graduated from The University of Kent in 2008 with an honours degree in Law. She completed her LPC at BPP in London, after which she undertook an internship in a law firm in Beijing, China.
Read more of my articles: